Test time...are you ready? Ok, what & when was the last positive thought you had about someone else that you expressed out loud? It seems that sometimes it's much easier for us to go negative on people in our words, our actions and our thoughts than it is to express the positive thoughts we have. Sometimes we are even the hardest on those closest to us.
I recently read a book and in it was a suggestion to "Keep track of your negative". Much like people may keep track of calories, miles run, miles driven, etc,; keep track of your negative thoughts or words each day. At the end of the day take a look at the list. I bet my list will longer than I want it to be.
You should check out this book...it's a quick read, but it's realistic and challenging.
Even If You Were Perfect by Rob Shepherd
Saturday, July 19, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Camping Trip
Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend. We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg. The weather was nice and co...
-
I was reviewing the KenneyKrewe blog stats and it's had 6 views from Russia. From Russia? Do we have secret family there I'm unaw...
-
The 1st day back to school was Tuesday. I think all the kids were ready to start up again after a long summer break. A little TV before...
-
The KenneyKrewe has some bragging rights for the month of January. - Katelyn was the gymnast of the month! Here she is on her new lime gre...
I tend to be more negative with or about myself than I am with others but I know that I can say unkind things about others too. As we have agreed before the tongue can be a good and a bad part of the body. I would say that can also be said about ourselves as people in relation to the body of Christ's church. I will check out the book and thanks for challenging us to reflect and try to do better.
ReplyDeleteGramps sure loves the Kenney Krewe!!