Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day

Can you believe it's September already?!  The kids have had a couple weeks of school already (although public schools start tomorrow) and sports activities keep chugging along.  I've took a couple weeks off from the blog again...my mind is willing but by body just won't follow through!

Some items from the past couple weeks:

- Nicholas is enjoying football a lot, even through some of the hard practices of hard hits
- Katelyn's gymnastics team is starting to work on parade routines as parade season is upon on us; not our most favorite part of the gymnastics season, but something we get through
- Emma's school volleyball team is 2-0 so far, with their first away game tomorrow night
- The girls each a had a friend over for a sleepover last night...the friends were sisters too!
- Nick's playing left TE and OLB on the 2nd string teams; as a 1st year player he's doing really well and has received some good words from the coaches for his effort.  He received the Dog of the Week bone last week for his efforts!
- Emma's MRI results came in, not the news we wanted to hear (torn Labrum); we now wait to see the Orthopedic specialist to see what the next step may be. We told her Fri and she handled really well, just wants to do whatever it takes to get it better
- Katelyn had a small migraine the other night, her 1st one in a long time.  We think the stress of the new school/class format (compared to the lower [grade] school) and gymnastics led to it.  She had some soda (caffeine), went to bed and luckily woke up fine

No sports activities today!  Very few days when that happens, so we'll enjoy dinner all together tonight at a reasonable time!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see that you are posting again. I miss the news updates every few days since it seems like it is so hard to catch the Kenney Krewe over the phone. I'm also glad that the kids are enjoying there current sports activities and school though I understand Katelyn's new environment stress and Nick's hard hits lessons. I'm real sorry to hear about Emma's shoulder. Hopefully treatment and rest will let it heal and not require surgery. Does this mean the end of volleyball this season for her?
    I will try to call today and hope to catch up via the phone. Gramps sure loves the Kenney Krewe!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Camping Trip

Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend.  We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg.  The weather was nice and co...