Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veteran's Day

Wednesday, the 11th.  Also Veteran's Day today.  August of 1987 began my life in Air Force.



No where in my young mind did I ever think I'd still be serving in the USAF.  I'm in a different uniform now, but continue on as an Air Force civilian.

My military career was good to me and my family.  I got to see alot of places in the world.  Some good, some not so good.  Some were for good reasons, others not so much.  I made some good friends along the way, many I still am in contact with today.

I was lucky and didn't serve in actual combat in any of my deployments.  Others in my year grouping aren't so lucky.  I give thanks to them and pray for the families of those who didn't return. I give thanks to those who came before me (thanks Dad!) and pray for those who will follow.

1 comment:

  1. I echo your statement and also give thanks for those that serve and have served to protect our country and way of life.

    ReplyDelete

Camping Trip

Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend.  We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg.  The weather was nice and co...