Tuesday, April 5, 2011

In Trouble

While walking down the stairs I hear a thump (sounds like a kid jumping on the floor) in the living room.  I walk in to the living room and Nicholas is standing by the computer desk:

Me - what are you doing?
Him - nothing (eyes averted)
Me - really, what were you doing?
Him - nothing
Me - Why are you in here?
Him - nothing (eyes averted)
Me - Are you lying?
Him - uhmm..no (fidgety)
Me - Nicholas Alan - what were you doing!
Him - getting a piece of tape (sniffing)
Me - go sit on the stairs for lying
Him - "slinks" over to stairs and holds head in hands
Me - walk away for a couple minutes, then come back and ask; what was tape for?
Him - to hang something up in my room (tears flowing)
Me - ok, you can get a piece of tape; do you know why you're in trouble?
Him - crying...words in french or some language I don't understand are spoken
Me - because you lied; getting tape is okay as long as you ask, but if I ask you a question you have to tell daddy the truth.  Do you understand?
Him - yesssshhh  (pouting/tears)
Me - ok, love you; you can get up

Geez, being a Dad is hard sometimes!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes no matter how old - it's not easy being a Mom or Dad!
    NO rule book to follow only your heart!

    You are doing good - just look and listen to those three wonderful
    kids that you are raising! They are great kids - anyone would be proud to call them their own!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I am reading your post and Gramy C's right on observation the song I am listening to is Lead Me. Good choice of music for your story of Nicholas being a child. You (we)can't do it alone but if you (we) trust Him you (we)will be successful.

    Gramps loves the Kenney Krewe!!

    ReplyDelete

Camping Trip

Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend.  We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg.  The weather was nice and co...