| together during Hurricane Irene |
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Irene Aftermath
We made it thru the hurricane without any house damage and all our trees. Lots of limbs, twigs, and leaves everywhere plus the standing water in the backyard for a day or so but that's it. The worst part was losing power for 2 days. The generator was awesome since it gave us a cold fridge, some fans, and a TV at night. One of our neighbors lost their Japanese maple and down the street a big pine fell on somebody's house. There was also a chimney separated from a house a couple blocks away. All in all, we were lucky. I pray for those up in New England that really seemed to have been hit hard by the flooding. Let's hope this is the only hurricane we deal with this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Camping Trip
Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend. We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg. The weather was nice and co...
-
I was reviewing the KenneyKrewe blog stats and it's had 6 views from Russia. From Russia? Do we have secret family there I'm unaw...
-
The 1st day back to school was Tuesday. I think all the kids were ready to start up again after a long summer break. A little TV before...
-
The KenneyKrewe has some bragging rights for the month of January. - Katelyn was the gymnast of the month! Here she is on her new lime gre...
Everyone looks comfortable all considering. I too am glad that God provided you with His protection and also pray for those less fortunate. By the way that generator should power your whole house. Nice choice. An electrician can put an outlet in the side of your house, connect it to the panel with a throw over switch, and provide you with a pig tail that will allow you to run everything for cooking and comfort.
ReplyDeleteGramps sure loves the Kenney Krewe!!!!!!!!!!