Sunday, November 20, 2011

Random Things

Four days until Thanksgiving...wow!  Who's going out for black Friday madness?  A few things from the past week:
- I went TDY up to DC for a couple days, the Pentagon seems nicer now then when I was stationed there...I guess the refurbishments made a difference
- Katelyn was in the Hampton parade yesterday with her gymnastics team (Flipateers)
- I took Nicholas to a small train show yesterday put on by a local train club...we got invited by a guy I know from work to come back on a non-public day and Nicholas can run some of the trains
- We went to a Thanksgiving test run party last night.  Good food and fun with some old friends and some new friends we just met
- My back went haywire Saturday morning...get this...MAKING THE BED!  Really?
- My back is still haywire today...it needs to get better by Tuesday before the plane ride to Fl
- 12 days until Emma turns 12!  Is that possible?

1 comment:

  1. Hope your back gets better but the fact is with age it may hurt more than not. Mine sure does. I guess it is the sign of a life of good hard work. Yes it is hard to imagine that Emma is almost 12. I can quite easily remember when she wasn't any bigger than your hand and forearm.
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving in Florida and tell everyone hi for me. I will try to call. Tried Skype again a few times this weekend but missed connecting. it is so great to see the kids when talking. The new blog format is nice.
    Gramps sure loves the Kenney Krewe!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Camping Trip

Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend.  We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg.  The weather was nice and co...