We had a family movie day on Saturday. We rented several movies, bought some junk food, blew up an air mattress, put out some sleeping bags and had a great time! In one of the romps for the "best seat" in the house Nicholas was wounded! A small split lip was his reward. Poor buddy!Yesterday was church in the morning, followed by a nice big Sunday breakfast at home. We worked on cleaning the garage some more which equaled 2 trips to the Good Will store! Nicholas & I stopped and got our hair cut on one of the trips. We also went to Snow Zone for some ice cream stuffed snow cones! All in all, a very good weekend.
Well the snow cone ice cream (I remember it well...ummm) should have soothed the lip. The rough and tumble times of growing up and maybe some Mommy lap time or hugs when accidents happen and the wounded are identified are the things that get talked about to your future grandchildren when the cycle of love and marriage continues and he is in his 20's or 30's and a Dad himself.
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed talking to you guys this weekend.
The crab I sent you a picture of was really good and I am finishing the leftovers this evening.
Gramps sure loves and misses the Kenney Krewe!!!!