Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pet Cemetary

It has not been a good few days for Kenney Krewe pets!  Beethoven (Emma's hamster) died on Sunday morning. She was initially upset but then seemed to recover pretty good throughout the rest of the day.  She didn't play with him as much as Katelyn plays with hers (Fred).  I found a small box and dug a hole in the backyard and we had a little burial!  Katelyn cried as we buried him.  Later that night after the kids were all in bed, Katelyn comes downstairs crying some more because she's sad for Beethoven and thinking about if/when Fred dies!  She has such a tender heart for animals.  Angie says that we will never get a dog now!

The saga continues though.  On Sunday I cleaned out the fish tank because the water was getting really nasty.  I let the water sit for a day and eased the fish back into their new clean environment but they didn't like it.  Everyone one of those stinkin fish died within 12 hours!  It was a killing field in the fish tank!  I guess Nicholas gets to pick out some new fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Camping Trip

Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend.  We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg.  The weather was nice and co...