Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Long Weekend

It was a long weekend full of activity once again.  Emma & I drove up to Richmond Friday night since she had to be on the volleyball court at 7:30 Sat morning.  She had a 3-day tournament at the Richmond Convention Center.  45 courts of volleyball!  Her team had some good moments but definitely can use this weekend as a "learning experience".

Saturday afternoon Angie took Katelyn (& Nicholas) to Suffolk to a gymnastics meet.  After the meet Katelyn & Nicholas went home with some friends and Angie drove up to Richmond and had dinner with us & the volleyball team at Steak & Shake.  I got a DVD player hooked up in the hotel room for them and then I drove back to Newport News to pick up Katelyn & Nicholas and go home.

Sunday & Monday Angie finished out the volleyball tournament while KT, Nik, & I stayed at home and did the weekend chores, played outside, and watched football.

Yesterday was Katelyn's 11th birthday!  We did some celebration for that (separate post coming).  Angie & Emma got home around 2:30 and relaxed for a few hours before Ang & I had Community Group last night.

1 comment:

  1. Congrat's to Emma with her vollyball this past weekend. Sounds like fun. Happy Birthday to Katie too. Sorry I missed calling or skyping her and Nicholas and Emma too. I have not been doing well with my hip replacement recovery and have been pretty sick but better today. Maybe we can talk in the next few days.
    Gramps sure loves the Kenney Krewe!!

    ReplyDelete

Camping Trip

Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend.  We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg.  The weather was nice and co...