Saturday, August 3, 2013

Week Purge

I took a little break from the blog...in case my 1 or 2 followers missed me!

Lots happening the past week or so

- Emma & Nicholas finished up Saturday volleyball clinics; Nicholas may get to start again in Sept
- Emma finished up her Beach volleyball practice/clinic this week
- Katelyn started Saturday morning gymnastic practice (in addition to M,T,Th,Fr). The Saturday will only be a few weeks and is designed to push her to the next level
- Nicholas still loving his Wed night gymnastics
- Emma's AVA volleyball team won 1st place!  She was happy!
- 2 weeks until school starts
- I took Emma to Richmond yesterday afternoon to meet her best friend (lives up by DC) who she hasn't seen in 4 years.  Emma is going to her house for the weekend!  She has been super excited the past or week or so.  Grinning, giggling, hopping around....it's been entertaining!
- Furlough days continue...we've been making the best of it...allows me to take KT to practice on Fri morning
- Me, Emma and Nicholas were walking around inside a mall yesterday as we were waiting for her friend to get to town, and we walked into a Spencer's.  Bad mistake!  Holy cow that store is not family friendly!  Cuss words emblased all over T-shirts, sex-games, other not-so nice to try to explain to your kids things. I remember "back in the day" the store had some bad stuff, but it wasn't usually just displayed everywhere in the store.  The T-shirt's with F-this, and she's a B-that were killing me! I don't think I'm a "straight-laced" kind of guy, but I don't imagine I'll ever walk into a Spencer's again.
- Kids school physicals are all complete; shots for Emma & Katelyn but none for Nik...he was happy!
- Something ate the tops off all my ivy plants in the backyard...1st year that's happened.  Rabbits?
- Been looking at a BB guns with Nik...I think it's almost time
- School supply shopping...whew...the kids needed lots!  That and all new uniforms has been killer
- Episode of gout last weekend...arghh!
- Have you ever lost something in the house after you went to the spot where you were SURE you left it?  I went to the safe to get my DD214 (military retirement form) this week and it wasn't there!  Took a couple hours to find it...looked for over an hour with no luck, sat downed and prayed, found it 5 minutes later! Who says there's no power in prayer!  Oh, and it's in the safe now!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering where you guys went to. I remembered you had said no big trips this summer so figured you were just busy at work or doing some kid stuff. Looks like the latter was the case. Congrats to each for the successes in sports activities this summer. It's hard to believe that school starts in 2 weeks but I bet they are all extra excited with new schools and all. Schools start here soon too. I'm amazed at the number of times I have misplaced or lost something and find it with in a few minutes after praying. I honestly believe the angels upon God's command just move it to in sight or God just causes it to materialize as I have found things laying in the open or in places that I have previously looked. He is very generous to us.
    Gramps sure loves the Kenney Krewe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Camping Trip

Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend.  We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg.  The weather was nice and co...