Day 3 of government shutdown...day 3 of furlough. Trying not to think to much about it, nothing I can do to fix it. Praying for our leaders to work together. I think they need prayer...I know they get lots of negative attention.
I took the pool down today and got it to the dump. The poles had more rust in them than I thought...I'm not sure it would have made it through another winter.
Emma's been on her school retreat since Wednesday. She'll come home tomorrow afternoon. I'm one of the drivers to go get them and bring them home. That's been one positive of being furloughed...I've been able to be with the kids in the morning and take them and pick them up from school.
Emma was re-baptized this past weekend. She's been talking about wanting to since she says she was baptized young and she understands a little better now. This past weekend was a spontaneous baptism..256 baptisms!
Nicholas has come home from school with an "accident report" twice already! Neither time was serious, but geez! He gets to go to the zoo on a field trip next week..I've signed up to drive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Camping Trip
Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend. We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg. The weather was nice and co...
-
I was reviewing the KenneyKrewe blog stats and it's had 6 views from Russia. From Russia? Do we have secret family there I'm unaw...
-
The 1st day back to school was Tuesday. I think all the kids were ready to start up again after a long summer break. A little TV before...
-
The KenneyKrewe has some bragging rights for the month of January. - Katelyn was the gymnast of the month! Here she is on her new lime gre...

Reflective week. I agree with the need for prayer for our government and I am trying real hard to understand the politics of it. To me the Republican party acts like the kid who doesn't own the ball but is the play ground bully, therefore when he doesn't get his way he steals the ball and won't give it back so that the game can go on. I just see the childishness of this and am tired of being held hostage by the minority but like you can't do a thing except pray and then vote correctly when the time comes.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Emma on being rededicated and the number who were baptized is tremendous. Your oldest is an amazing child as far as I am concerned. They are all very special to me but Emma's heart just brings a lump to my throat when I think about it.
So what is the accident report status? Cuts, bruises, broken limbs? He's a going boy!!
I'm glad you are getting to spend some extra time with your children but not at the expense of a pay check and the security of our country. If I was a terrorist I'd be on the move now. It's pretty stupid what is going on when you think about it.
Gramps sure loves the Kenney Krewe!!