"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?" - Henry David Thoreau
Powerful sentence...that ends with "for an instant". What if we (I) lived our (my) lives for the instant? What if we (I) took the small window of opportunity and used it to express our (my) love, our (my) caring -uplifting words, our (my) listening ears, and our (my) shoulders to lean on?
I feel lately that I've missed opportunities to do this. It's been eating at me, so it's obviously something I need to work on. I'm sorry to those around me that I love dearly for the instants that I've missed.
Do you take advantage of your "instants"?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Camping Trip
Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend. We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg. The weather was nice and co...
-
I was reviewing the KenneyKrewe blog stats and it's had 6 views from Russia. From Russia? Do we have secret family there I'm unaw...
-
The 1st day back to school was Tuesday. I think all the kids were ready to start up again after a long summer break. A little TV before...
-
The KenneyKrewe has some bragging rights for the month of January. - Katelyn was the gymnast of the month! Here she is on her new lime gre...
Probably not like I should or could. Kind of goes along with the "walk a mile in my shoes" statement. I know that there are times when if I could step outside of myself and observe me for an instant I could learn a lot.
ReplyDeleteAgain Troy a good challenge is presented for each of us to be more like Jesus in our sojourn thru life.
Gramps sure loves the Kenney Krewe!! Nice change for the blog page too.