I've wrote some of my thoughts on this in the past , but I think it's time I write it again (so I can read it again!).
I'm in trouble. I cry to God, desperate for an answer (Psalm 120:1)
Do we treat God as that vending machine in the sky?( http://takenfam5.blogspot.com/2013/08/god-doesnt-want-me-happy.html ) Do we ask with the immediate thoughts of when do I get blank, when is blank fixed, when do I/her/him get better, when fill in the blank? Do we confuse His unconditional love with unconditional blessings? We shouldn't go to prayer and have the idea that God is obligated to give us what we ask. It's hard for me...I think it's the control issue. I want to fix it and I want to fix it now. God doesn't work for me or even on my time. I need to learn instead to surrender myself, my heart, and anything I'm holding on to to Him.
Thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Camping Trip
Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend. We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg. The weather was nice and co...
-
I was reviewing the KenneyKrewe blog stats and it's had 6 views from Russia. From Russia? Do we have secret family there I'm unaw...
-
The 1st day back to school was Tuesday. I think all the kids were ready to start up again after a long summer break. A little TV before...
-
The KenneyKrewe has some bragging rights for the month of January. - Katelyn was the gymnast of the month! Here she is on her new lime gre...
In the instant gratification world we live in it is easy for even a solid Christian to think that God should shower us with blessings according to our wish list. We even have pastors who preach this such as Joel Olsten and his prosperity gospel. God does answer prayer, sometimes the ones we want Him to but the truth is He doesn't owe us a thing. He sent His Son to die for us and therefore has given us more than what we deserve and all that we need. Prayer is powerful though, especially when we pray for the needs of others rather than our own. That's not to say that we shouldn't pray for ourselves but I think prayer should always be premised with according to your will Father not mine.
ReplyDeleteGreat things to be thinking about and challenging especially men with Troy. You are on my prayer list as is your family.