Monday, May 21, 2012
Marriage Is...
How's this for a different description of marriage than the normal "marriage is hard" we so often hear...
Marriage is hilarious - like when you both say the same word at the same time or when she says something that was just getting ready to come out of your mouth
Marriage is safe - like when you have a terrible week and your wife leaps to your defense in a tirade against all those "terrible" people and actions
Marriage is fun - a 365-day-a-year sleepover with your best friend who happens to be super sexy!
Marriage is creative - like when you trade in a fancy dinner date night for dreaming and making honey do lists together. Love widens your imagination. Like being able to "brain wave" to each other as we prepare the fun practical joke on our kids!
Marriage is sweet - like when she buys coffee for me even though she never drinks the stuff
Marriage is friendship - a deep knowledge of each other that enhances everything else in your relationship. The best part is we’re always still learning.
Marriage is redemptive – in God’s astounding grace that allows us to rehearse His divine love toward each other in everyday moments
Any relationship worth fighting for will be hard, it will experience both highs and lows. We've experienced both in our marriage but have relied on the items above, friends who gave us sound advice and not what we wanted to hear, and our faith.
What is your reaction when you hear people talk about how “marriage is hard”? Would you describe marriage differently?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Camping Trip
Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend. We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg. The weather was nice and co...
-
I was reviewing the KenneyKrewe blog stats and it's had 6 views from Russia. From Russia? Do we have secret family there I'm unaw...
-
The 1st day back to school was Tuesday. I think all the kids were ready to start up again after a long summer break. A little TV before...
-
The KenneyKrewe has some bragging rights for the month of January. - Katelyn was the gymnast of the month! Here she is on her new lime gre...
I think marriage is hard only when God is not at the center of it. As I look back on my own experiences or those of couples that I have counseled the times that the path in marriage is greatest even if it is uneven and full of twists and turns is when God is the focus point and the fruits of the Spirit are along for the ride. Satan wants to divide marriage and make it hard. God wants the marriage to succeed and be full of all of the atributes that you listed above, plus more. I'm pleased that you and Angie love each other in this manner with Jesus at the center. By doing so you will enjoy the experience and be great examples to your kids.
ReplyDeleteGramps sure loves the kenney Krewe!!!!!!!