Saturday, November 3, 2012

Week in Review

We made it thru Sandy without any problems.  Our backyard was a big pond for a couple days and I think there was more water back there then we've had in any previous storm, but it never made it to the house.  Schools and work were closed on Monday as that's when the bulk of the wind and more rain came thru.

On Halloween we enjoyed a nice night in.  Nicholas decided he didn't want to go trick or treating, probably because he already had a bag full of candy from the school harvest fair.  So we turned our porch light off, gave the candy to the kids, and watched TV together as a family!


Some cooler weather has rolled in after Sandy left and we've actually had to turn the heat on.  We still keep it no higher then 68, but I'm not sure we'd make if we ever moved back to the midwest!

The favorite quote from this week goes to Katelyn.  From Angie's Facebook wall...
Loves that when I read this bumper sticker: "God's last name is NOT damn", the middle said, "You mean like the water dam? I don't get it." The oldest had to explain that it was a curse word.

Going to the movies today and then hopefully some college football watching.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the kenney Krewe has had a good week despite Sandy and the flooded back yard. Rainy weekend here but then it's November. I'll see the sun again some day.
    Gramps sure loves the kenney Krewe!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Camping Trip

Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend.  We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg.  The weather was nice and co...