Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Going Deeper (Pt. 2)



In the 1st part of this discussion I talked about not forgetting the simple things and not being lazy in my walk.

Here's my 2nd part...don't discard the Church.

Sometimes we get so caught up in our lives, our "busyness", our laziness we skip church.  Or maybe we are on such a quest for more knowledge thru bible studies, home groups, book studies, etc., that we forget the importance of Church.  These things are great, but they shouldn't come at the expense of our time in church.  Without the commitment to our church how "deep" are we really being? Ephesians 5: 25-27 is one verse that tells us how important Jesus thinks the Church is. We need to experience our local church, learn from our Pastor, let the praise and worship touch are hearts, and be with other believers. "For where two or three gather in my name, there I am with them" (Matthew 18:20)

Sometimes when I'm in not "feeling it" on a Sunday morning, I still feel refreshed and alive after going to Sunday service.  Use this energy to encourage yourself to expand your knowledge throughout the week.

1 comment:

  1. So true. The value of church and as you said the praise, worship, and the message is so unmeasurable. To gather with like minded people, raise your hands in song and worship, shout amen if you are so inclined is rewarding and I just know pleases God. I am so glad that I am a church goer and rarely if hardly ever miss church.
    Gramps sure loves the Kenney Krewe!! and thanks Troy for a great post.

    ReplyDelete

Camping Trip

Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend.  We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg.  The weather was nice and co...