
I was driving hands-free and talking to the truck on where to go next (kind of like KITT from Knight Rider!). Next thing I know, I'm free-falling off a skyscraper. Spider-man swings by to save me, but he misses! Next thing you know...boom! I made it all up!
I rarely dream, or rarely remember that I dream. According to www.dreamresearch.net, we can think of a "dream" as a report of a memory of a cognitive experience that happens under the kinds of conditions that are most frequently produced in a state called "sleep." It went on to say; It seems likely that all of us forget 95-99% of our dreams for the very ordinary reason that we sleep right through them and aren't paying attention to remembering anything. Whew! I think I'm ok for not remembering many.
Anyway, I've always been a little jealous of people that describe their dreams and the crazy things that happen there.
How about you...do you dream?
Yes but like you I don't remember much after I wake up. When I had my practice occasionally patients would come in with concerns about their dreams. Sometimes being afraid of what they had dreamed, or wanting to have their dreams analyzed, usually after reading some book about dream analysis. Because I myself do not see the significance of dreams from a psychological perspective as truly impact-full, I would suggest to these folks that they should just consider their dreams as movies in their heads that they produce, direct and often times star in. Most would then chuckle and accept my suggestion as valid. Dreams for entertainment. I wish I could remember more about mine.
ReplyDeleteCounter question. When was the last time you remember flying like a bird in a dream? If you are an adult and still do this kind of dreaming you are in a minuscule % group. Dreams with flying is strictly a kid thing. Just ask your children.
Doug - I can't remember the last time I was flying like a bird. My dream vehicles usually involve autos or boats.
ReplyDelete