Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bigger Hands?

Nicholas wasn't feeling well today and spent most of the day at school in Angie's building sleeping I guess.  He came home and pretty much crashed out in the recliner chair.  He would whine and whimper when he would get up, but couldn't really say what was wrong.  He drank some water and seemed to be getting a bit better...then...

I need bigger hands

...he began to cry so I went down and was rubbing his head and asking what hurt.  He couldn't really say, then out came everything in his stomach!  Reflex's kicked in and out went my hands to "catch" it.  Oh happy joy joy.  Have I mentioned I'm a sympathetic puker?  So here I am with puke in my hands, Nicholas continuing to heave so it's overflowing all over me and him, and I'm doing all I can to keep my stomach contents where they belong.  Oh, and the girls are watching saying "ewww"!  They did help by getting me some towels and such.

Off to the bathtub he went.  He seemed to feel better and actually played in the tub for a bit and then I put him to bed.

I need bigger hands

1 comment:

  1. Hands... that lift up in praise.. that contain touch that leads to comfort, encouragement, care, love. Hands that are strong and rough from the scares of work.. of life.. yet soft and tender when they reach out to those that need them the most. Hands that protect.. our nation.. our family.. sometimes ourselves. Hands that were small and wraped around their mother's finger in awe and wonder but now are grown to full size yet will wrinkle and change, growing less flexable.. less strong.. as age creeps in. Hands that will be held when God calls us home.....a part of someone special....hands that are just the right size.

    ReplyDelete

Camping Trip

Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend.  We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg.  The weather was nice and co...