Have you ever felt a collision in your life? There's a song I like that goes:
Strip this away if it’s what it takes
I’m ready to break
Lean forward, I’m bracing for collision
Run faster, I’m chasing Your collision
Now, I'm not ready to break but I do think I'm either bracing or chasing a collision. We all seem to put barriers & walls around our discomforts, our inequities, our shamefulness, our sinful nature. What if we stripped those away? What if we could truly be ourselves, talk about ourselves, share our deepest feelings without the fear of being discounted or judged? What if as the receiver we just listened without judgement? My CG had a moment like this the other night when true feelings of "stripping it away" came out. It was wonderful to hear everyone express true, emotional feelings. It was also personally difficult to hear in my own selfish way; as the CG facilitator the "what if" I did this, said that, read that, etc kicked in my head. I know none of it was directed at me and I had some of the exact same feelings, but those discomforts and feelings of inequity kick in.
So, I'm praying for a collision. A collision with my God. I'll look to him for wisdom.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5)
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Camping Trip
Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend. We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg. The weather was nice and co...
-
I was reviewing the KenneyKrewe blog stats and it's had 6 views from Russia. From Russia? Do we have secret family there I'm unaw...
-
The 1st day back to school was Tuesday. I think all the kids were ready to start up again after a long summer break. A little TV before...
-
The KenneyKrewe has some bragging rights for the month of January. - Katelyn was the gymnast of the month! Here she is on her new lime gre...
Even though the Word calls us to be leaders of our family and community as men we do not like to be vulnerable and take the risks involved in open expression of especially our feelings. It is easier for some than for others. We are taught by our human fathers to be tough, to keep things close to ourselves, especially our feelings. But our Heavenly Father calls upon us to be bold; "I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good we have in Christ." (Phil 1:6), and to be accountable to each other especially as men as iron sharpening iron. Therefore, for all of us as we seek to be open and serve Him; "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer" (Psalm 19:14).
ReplyDeleteI love you Troy and so does God, just as you are.
Thanks Doug!
ReplyDelete