Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Blur

Monday already, wow. Busy weekend and end of last week. I went TDY to Pope AFB in NC last Thu/Fri. Worked out well because I was able to spend the night at Dad & Mary's. Was good to see them and chit chat. Fri night when I got home we all went over to a friends house and just hung out for awhile. Sat morning Nicholas had gymnastics and KT had a gymnastics show. After gymnastics Nicholas, Emma, and I went to lunch at a local BBQ place...good stuff! From there we went over to some other friends and helped with some pre-wedding stuff. They get married this weekend down at Yorktown beach at the Waterman's Museum. Angie made it over a little later minus KT. She went and spent the whole day/evening with her best friend, Jennie. We came home around 7ish (after Nicholas & I made a quick stop at a car show that was wrapping up) and had some other friends over. They weren't able to stay long since Chuck came down with a killer headache. Sunday we built some boxes and mountains out of plywood for Angie's class for the kids Spring Fling later this week. I got them built and Angie got them spray painted. Just need to put the braces on the mountains tonight.

We also uncovered the pool yesterday...yuck! What a cesspool of nasty water. I guess the cover blowing off this winter and letting leaves and such in really created a mess. We decided it was best just to drain, so that's what we did yesterday. Nasty, nasty water! It's empty (minus a few inches on the bottom still) with lots of leaves on the bottom. I'm going to have to get in and get rid of all the leaves and then do some scrubbing on the walls and bottom to clean it out. Hopefully we'll be able to get water in it by the end of the week.

1 comment:

  1. Busy, busy, busy.... I tried Skype a couple of times over the weekend and called Angela's cell Sunday afternoon but no luck in talking to you guys. It's good to know that everyone had a great weekend. Summer is just around the corner. Still no takers for the house. please continue to pray for a sale. It's time to move back home and closer to you guys and Jessica.
    I really like the soft jazz music but miss the christian rock too. The picture you posted of the Alameda, CA. pastor's perdiction snafoo was right on. No one knows the time but He is coming for sure.
    Gramps loves the Kenney Krewe!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Camping Trip

Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend.  We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg.  The weather was nice and co...