Over our years, we all probably looked up to our parents in awe, looked up to them in respect, looked up to them in disbelief, looked up to them in bewilderment on how we could possibly be their child, looked up to them in anger, looked up to them in spite and the older we get the more we hopefully look up to them in love.
Love of parents affects us all. Maybe we're a Mama's boy, maybe we're the apple of Dad's eye, maybe we call one of our parents 10 times a day, maybe we go weeks or even months without speaking, maybe our parents passed when we were young, maybe our parents lived to be 90+, maybe they lived without any medical problems at all and maybe they lived with too many medical issues to list. Maybe the end was fast and maybe the end was drawn out. End the end, we all love our parents.
The love of parents brings tears to our eyes. The joy, the love, the pain, the anger; they all affect us. If our parents are in pain, in discomfort or fear it pulls our hearts out of our chests. We ask questions like why them? Why me?
The past few months have opened a part of my heart I was unaware of before. I love my Mom and I love my Dad. I probably haven't expressed that enough over the years. God has placed amazing people in my life and several of us seem to be experiencing different levels of this parents love cycle of life. I pray that we can bond together and lean on one another for support and understanding. I'm here for you and I hope you are here for me.
If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! (Ecclesiastes 4:10)
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Camping Trip
Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend. We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg. The weather was nice and co...
-
I was reviewing the KenneyKrewe blog stats and it's had 6 views from Russia. From Russia? Do we have secret family there I'm unaw...
-
The 1st day back to school was Tuesday. I think all the kids were ready to start up again after a long summer break. A little TV before...
-
The KenneyKrewe has some bragging rights for the month of January. - Katelyn was the gymnast of the month! Here she is on her new lime gre...
Beautiful. Your Mom and Dad are blessed to call you son as are you to call them Mom and Dad. I admire you Troy, as I have watched you grow from a teen when I first met you to who you are as a husband, father, and man. Thank you for being my son in law.
ReplyDeleteGramps sure loves the Kenney Krewe!!
This is hard to read because it touches my heart strings so deeply! You are a amazing man and a even more
ReplyDeletewonderful son! I wish I had the talent you have to express your feelings in words...it leaves me shaking
my head in disbelief that you are my flesh and blood!
Everything you said is so true and no matter how old we are or how old our parents are I belive that is how
most of us feel! I can tell you that just tonight I called your Gramdma worrying that she has been sick and
not taking care of herself the way "I" think she should! Seems like all of sudden the roles are reversed and
we become the parents overlooking the wellbeing of our "parents"! Not a easy task and a painful one for all
of us.
I know I feel so feel very blessed that you are my son and I know your Dad must feel the same way too!
Love you Troy!
Mom
Troy,
ReplyDeleteYour insight is so true and your words where heart felt. I think we all at some times in our lives don't show the love to our parents as we should. No matter what the reason such as the lack of time or the problems in our marriage or life that seems to isolate and disconnect us from those who care and love us. It is apparent that you have a deep love and respect for your mom and dad. Thank you for the awsome blog