 |
| Hard hurricane prep work! |
Hurricane Florence continues to barrel towards the East Coast. I got the gutters all cleaned out yesterday, and Ang & I did a little more hurricane food supply shopping last night. I got out of work early today, well more like forced out. The governor issued a evac order for Zone A (think by the water type properties) yesterday that began this morning. The base issued same order, and as such the base will be buttoned up tight by tomorrow. To facilitate this, we buttoned up our building and had to be out by 2pm today. On telework the rest of the week. The kids are out school the rest of the week as well. Poor Ang is still working - and long hours today and tomorrow. I got the yard mowed and some branches trimmed up today before the rain starts in a couple days.
The update of the storm path appears to have it going a little farther south now...good for Hampton Roads (but bad for Carolina's). If it stays that way, I think we're going to fair just fine. The amount of rain will be the kicker since the ground is saturated and the area had flooding with a normal rain a few days ago. I'm feeling much better tonight about our situation than I was last night though.
No comments:
Post a Comment