Monday, January 16, 2012

Ancora Imparo

This phrase, Ancora Imparo, is often attributed to Michelangelo and means "still I am learning".  Sometimes events in our lives shake us up and bring this reality to the front of our lives.  Last week was a bit rough for me at work.  Events transpired that didn't go the way I think/feel they should have.  I felt wronged, slighted, and overall was extremely angry.  It's been on my mind a lot since then and in trying to take something positive out of it I ran across this phrase.  
Still I am learning...amazing what these 4 words can mean if you take a minute.  Although the events of last week will continue to bother me, I'll try to learn from this event and apply new direction in my life.  Maybe as long as I understand I'm not perfect but I do have the power to continually grow I will successfully balance my self-expectations with reality.  

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  (Jeremiah 29:11)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your rough week. I hope spending time with Angela, your children, your Mom and grandmother brought some joy to the week's conclusion. The evil one throws us constant curves and it is good to remember that when difficulties arise in our lives it means that we are solidly in God's camp. Satan doesn't mess with those who are his, only those who are the Father's. The verse you quoted is my favorite in the Bible. I especially like the rest of it and believe that Jeremiah 29 should be read 11-13, (11)"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (12) "Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. (13) You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart".
    Oh what beautiful words from a loving Father. He will take care of us. He will help us to continually grow. All we have to do is seek Him with all our heart. That is the key. Don't hold back but rather put our trust in Him. Something I am reminded to do every day as I pass through this season of my life.
    Gramps sure love the Kenney Krewe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Camping Trip

Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend.  We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg.  The weather was nice and co...