I've been slacking on the blog updates lately, sorry. Busy days and busy nights I guess. Katelyn had her 1st gymnastics meet of the year this past weekend in Richmond. This was her first one at her new level 5. She ribboned (7 or better) in each event she entered, but she "scratched" the uneven bars because she wasn't getting one of the tricks in practice. I guess it's better to not compete in the event then to do it and do poorly. The judges will sometimes remember that in future meets.
Emma received her volleyball uniform last week. She's #14. She was originally going to be a hitter, but now the coaches have her lined up to be a setter. Time will tell I guess. She's loving it.
Emma is also playing basketball right now in school. Last year their team didn't win a single game, but this year they won 2 games in a practice "round robin" event. Hopefully the team will take some confidence from that and get some wins this year. Their first game is Thursday.
I was supposed to be TDY this week down to Florida, but cancelled it because I decided I could do what I needed to do via email, telephone or VTC. I have a trip scheduled for Arizona next week, but am thinking I may be able to not go on that one as well.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Camping Trip
Nick & I got a camping trip in last weekend. We went to Chickahominy Riverfront park over by Williamsburg. The weather was nice and co...
-
I was reviewing the KenneyKrewe blog stats and it's had 6 views from Russia. From Russia? Do we have secret family there I'm unaw...
-
The 1st day back to school was Tuesday. I think all the kids were ready to start up again after a long summer break. A little TV before...
-
The KenneyKrewe has some bragging rights for the month of January. - Katelyn was the gymnast of the month! Here she is on her new lime gre...
Congratulations to Katelyn on her first meet. She's a pretty determined girl so should get that uneven bar exercise down before to much longer. I wish I had her flexability.
ReplyDeleteEmma called me on Saturday and we talked about her basketball and volleyball adventures. You are right in saying she is excited to be involved. It is great to see the girls excell in activities they enjoy in addition to being good students and young Christians.
Gramps not only loves the Kenney Krewe, he is very proud of them!!!!!!
P.S. I hope everyone has a good time visiting with Great Grandma and say hi to Grammy C for me.